Today I am wearing (on my face that is)
- Benefit Shimmer Eyeshadow in Powder Puff – This line of eyeshadows is actually discontinued now, but you can pick up similar products from Barry M and lots of other brands (the 17 dazzle eyeshadow is identical packaging wise and they also have a very similar shade, Over the Rainbow). I got this product free (probably when it was being discontinued) from my old job at Boots! Pink can look strange on the eyes if its too dark but I find light pink shades with a hint of warmth look really flattering on my complexion.
- Max Factor Experience Foundation in Light Ivory (the lightest shade) – The. Best. Foundation. Ever. (that I’ve tried!). And the only one I’ve found thats light enough for my pale skin. I paid full price for this (when it was on 3 for 2!) so you know its good! Quite sheer coverage but still covers imperfections, and stays on all day!
- Benefit Boi-ing Industrial strength concealer – I only apply this right under my eyes if I have a little bit of dark circle. It does the job very well. Again I got this for free so would I pay £16.50 for it? Probably not but it is great!
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Mascara in black. I picked this up from the boots staff shop where I work for about 75p (don’t hate me!) as I love this mascara. I literally have a 15 year old tube of this mascara from my teenage days that I’ve refused to part with after all this time (despite, and I know, that people say you should only keep a mascara for 6 months blah, to which I say, bullshit, those are just lies propagated by the mascara lobby!) It is AMAZING, both 15 years ago and now! No clumps even the first time I opened and used it, just super long amazing lashes!
- Dior Serum de Rouge in shade 640 Soft Pink Serum – I dug this out from the lips portion of my makeup draw the other day and remembered how great it is. Its a cross between a lipgloss and a lipstick, easy to apply on the go without a mirror, moisturising on the lips, and this particular shade is amazingly flattering as its very similar to my actual lip colour but adds gloss and shine which gives a put-togetherness to the overall look. Again I got this free and would not pay £25 for it (because I’m cheap and also have you SEEN my makeup collection?) but there are always cheaper alternatives out there!