Since Valentine’s Day is only a few days away, I thought I’d share with you a few of my favourite Valentine’s appropriate treats, both from my blog and others! You know my motto, don’t underestimate the value of a homemade gift – I can’t tell you how much I would swoon if my boyfriend tried to make me a cake or some biscuits….
– Beautiful Brunch –
- Start the day right for your Valentine with heart shaped pancakes – no special mould needed, just guide the batter into a rough heart shape in the pan. I love this fluffy American pancake recipe
- Cook them a delicious fried egg in a piece of toast, by cutting out a hole with a heart shaped cookie cutter. So cute!
- Sweet yeasted cinnamon rolls are definitely the way to my heart – add chocolate chips for an even more indulgent brunch.
– Chocolate-tastic –
- Fudgy chocolate brownies – these are THE BEST brownies and endlessly customisable with your beau’s favourite flavours – from peanut butter and pretzel to cookie dough to bounty bars, and anything else you can dream up. Why not cut your brownies using heart shaped cutters after baking for extra cute?
- Chocolate lava cakes – I LOVE chocolate fondants, and they’re pretty easy to whip up at home too! Check out this one with salted caramel sauce, and this peanut butter and chocolate version.
- Chocolate cake for two – This gorgeous chocolate and vanilla cream layer cake is just enough for two to share!
– Cookie crush –
- It’s well documented that cookie dough is the way to most hearts. My chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes are pretty simple and very delicious.
- Then again, nothing says I love you like GIANT double chocolate cookies. I’m not kidding when I say they’re giant. Click the link and say hi to Annie, she’s one of my favouritest bloggers!
- Cute and dainty but packing a powerful cookie punch – I heart these chocolate chip cookies sandwiched together with cookie dough! It’s not possible to get too much of a good thing, right?
– Red Velvet kisses –
- But wait! We musn’t forget Red Velvet, possibly the most Valentine’s appropriate of all treats! This heart shaped red velvet cake by Sprinkle Bakes is just phenomenal.
- Red Velvet cupcakes are simpler to make but still massively impressive – see my favourite recipe from Hummingbird Bakery here.
- I love the look of these Red Velvet cheesecake brownies – and I would definitely love anyone who made them for me!
Have I inspired you to whip up something sweet this Valentine’s?