We visited The Victoria hotel and pub in Beeston a few weeks ago for a lovely meal with my parents. The Vic is a lovely Victorian pub that was actually built aroud 1840 and reamed in Victoria’s honour when she died in 1899. As you can see from the picture above, its full of lovely features and is a beautiful victorian building.
As the only veggie in a family of meat-eaters, I opted for a vegetarian version of shepherds pie, the Shepherdess pie (cute name!), while my parents and Lee all went for steak with mashed potatos, gravy and vegetable, and swiftly declared it the best steak ever (and my parents have eaten a lot of steak!
- Quality of food is excellent
- Lots of unusual cask ales, ciders and beers on offer – great for those who like to try micro-brewed rather than mass produced ales, ciders and beers
- The staff are friendly and helpful
- The building itself is lovely and full of character
Less good points
- Due to its deserved popularity, its always incredibly crowded (a trip to the bar is more of a mission…)
- The Vic ‘doesn’t do’ chips. This is a terrible business decision. People love chips! I love chips!
Do you have a nice local pub that does good food?